I love a list! I wanted to write a list of some of my favourite books that have been recommended to me. I noticed a trend though, most were recommended by my best friend Amber. Clearly she has good taste! (Don’t tell her that!)
- The Mistborn Trilogy – There are no words for how much this book made me feel! The Final Empire was epic. One of my favourite fantasy reads. Vin and Kelsier. Yes.
- Code Name Verity – This appealed to me as I love historical fiction. This book really broke me, it is so beautifully written and the friendship between Queenie and Maddie is amazing. I genuinely cannot recommend this book enough. I did text Amber at one point and ask her ‘WHY DO YOU HATE ME??????’ but it was worth it.
- Divergent – I was told about this at work and thought I would give it a go. After reading The Hunger Games and enjoying that, I thought this may also be a good read. I was right. It has great characters, an interesting plot and some romance which I always love! I really like Tris and thought Four was a great character too.
- Throne of Glass – I had never heard of this series but I was told to read the first one and I really enjoyed it. Celaena is a brilliant protagonist and she and Dorian have great chemistry. Action packed and full of interesting characters. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
- Rebel of the Sands – Love this book! Read it in 2 days as I couldn’t put it down. Love Amani and Jin. I love the magic, the characters, the world, the chemistry, just everything! Looking forward to the sequel.
What are the best books that were recommended to you?